When you think of Orlando, your mind usually goes straight to Universal Studios or Disney World for some family fun, but there is more to Orlando than meets the eye. Aside from family fun parks there are a multitude of restaurants, trendy hotels, and exciting entertainment options for all ages.
Below, we will explore some of the best spots in Orlando with the perfect new WKND WYFR piece to go with each occasion.
- If you are interested in the history of Orlando, check out the Orange County History Center. This five story museum dating back to the 1920s holds all the fun facts about Orlando that any history buff would love.
- If you are looking for outdoor activities during your vacation in Orlando, Lake Eola Park can easily be found at the center of downtown. The park boasts a walking path around the grounds, paddle boat rides, and the occasional concert in the park to keep the family entertained.
- SEE ART Orlando is an art exhibit composed of 9 different sculptures throughout downtown Orlando. While walking to each of the art exhibits on the map you will also get the chance to explore the streets of Orlando.
- Hit up winter park for the best boutique shopping.
- Reyes Mezcaleria in Downtown Orlando is the best Mexican food you can find! The menu spans brunch, lunch, dinner, and our favorite, happy hour! Get your gals together and order chips, salsas, guac and a goooood margarita!
- Hillstone is a gorgeous lakefront restaurant in Winter Park. It is the perfect place for lunch when you want to be outside but are just a little too sunburnt. You can sit under their covered patio and enjoy a delicious sandwich or fresh seafood entree with a nice signature cocktail.
- Prato is our favorite Italian restaurant, located on Park Ave in Winter Park. Go for the wood fired octopus and a pizza or pasta. You can’t go wrong with their gorgeous menu.
- The Waterfront is a great local spot with delicious drinks and seafood that is set away from many touristy spots. Another great spot for tapas and authentic Spanish cuisine is Cafe Tu Tu Tango where several local artists work and inspire many of the dishes and drinks.
- Four seasons Resort Orlando. Need we say more? Beautiful rooms with beautiful views, you won’t be disappointed. The resort has a five-acre waterpark, including a lazy river, and breakfast with Goofy and His friends on Saturdays making it a kid friendly resort.
- The Grand Bohemian Hotel is a MUST if you are thinking about staying in downtown Orlando on your vacay. The hotel is home to fabulous cocktails, food, and spa treatments to help you wind down after a long day of exploring the town.
What to wear:
Here are three outfits paired with some of our favorite pieces from the new WKND WYFR collection to accompany you on your adventures:
The Zootopia Leopard Clutch is easy to carry and holds everything you need for a walk through the park.